Advertising with Colorado Central Magazine
Present yourself to our informed, literate, independent readers who enjoy excellent writing about local people and places.
Since 1994, some of Colorado’s best writers have celebrated the local lore and history in Colorado Central Magazine. We examine current political and cultural trends and investigate the stories lurking behind the easy headlines.
We cover art, culture, history, politics, sustainability and bioregionalism, and you’ll find regional book, video and restaurant reviews written with balance and a wicked sense of humor. We like to consider our coverage area as roughly Leadville to the San Luis Valley, Gunnison to Westcliffe, including Chaffee County, Fremont County and Creede.
We have over 850 enthusiastic regional and national paid subscribers, plus we distribute 400 more copies throughout the Central Colorado region and the Front Range, in bookstores, magazine racks, coffeehouses, restaurants, hotel lobbies, and visitor’s centers.
Sign a 4-issue contract and enjoy these prices for the next full year!
Please see Advertising Incentives below for discounts.
Space is limited, so reserve yours today!
Rates (per insertion)
Within body of magazine (newsprint):
• 1/8 page – $38
• 1/4 Page – $72
• 1/2 Page – $135
• Full Page – $275
• For color ads smaller than a full page, add 25%. Space is limited, so reserve early!
• Ad size sample sheet can be downloaded HERE
Cover stock (glossy):
• 1/2 page – $215
• Inside Back Cover (full page) – $325 (includes website banner link)
• Inside Front (full page) – $345 (includes website banner link)
• Outside Back Cover (full page) – $410 (includes website banner link)
• All display ads receive a free link from our website, www.cozine.com
• Ad design by our talented, creative and underpaid staff – $25 per ad (free for full-page ads)
• Button links on our website – $15 per month (no discounts)
Discounts and Incentives
• Pre-paid cash discount – 5%
• 4-Issue contract – 5%
• 4-issue contract locks in these rates for one year.
• Non-profit groups – 10% flat discount
Schedule: The advertising deadline varies, but is always before the 10th of the prior month – for example, March 10 for the April edition. The magazine is mailed from Salida on about the 20th of the prior month, and should be on the news racks by the last Tuesday of the prior month.
Position: We attempt to honor all requests for position, but cannot guarantee it. Besides, it’s a small magazine, so every ad will get noticed.
Billing: We send bills on the first each month. Payment is due within 15 days.
Proofs: We endeavor to provide every advertiser with a proof prior to publication. The sooner we get the ad, the quicker we can get the proof. We can e-mail them as PDF attachments.
Disclaimer: Our liability for any ad is limited to the cost thereof. We reserve the right to reject any advertisement for any reason that suits us, or no reason at all.
Mechanical: Our sheet size is 7.75” x 10.5”. The smallest ad we sell is 1/8 page (approximately the size of a business card).
Within body of magazine:
Full page – 6.67 x 9.33 inches.
1/2 page horizontal – 6.67 x 4.58
1/2 page vertical – 3.25 x 9.33
1/4 page horizontal – 6.67 x 2.21
1/4 page vertical – 3.25 x 4.58
1/8 page (business card) – 3.25 x 2.21
On Cover Stock (minimum 300 dpi, cmyk – pdf preferred) :
Full page – 8w x 10.5h plus 1/4 inch bleed.
1/2 page – 7″w x 5″h.
Techie Stuff: If you want to send us an ad in machine-readable form vie an e-mail attachment or on a CD, use these guidelines:
• PDF (Preferred) with text converted to curves. Those submitting PDF files must have fonts outlined or embedded, saved high res, greyscale with images placed at correct size to keep
file size down.
• TIF 300 dpi grayscale or color.
• Allow .25” inset margins for full bleed/full page ads.
• Line art – 600 dpi / Photos – 200 dpi
• lllustrator CS3 .eps files with embedded images and outlined fonts -or- Photoshop CS3 layered .psd file with accompanied flattened .tif file -or- press quality resolution .pdf files.
• E-mails under 3MB are accepted or send us a CD with hardcopy.Only those accompanied with a SASE will be returned.
Remember: we can design your ad and take care of all this stuff for you, for only $25 per ad (free for full-page ads).
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org